Monasterium Laboratory is a dermatological research company specialized in preclinical skin, hair, pigmentation, neuroendocrinology, immunology, and wound healing research in the human system. Given the continuous expansion of our company, we are seeking a team-orientated, highly motivated and enthusiastic Staff Scientist full time to join our team. For any details regarding the company, range of research topics covered, assays in use, and international academic research network, please visit the website www.monasteriumlab.com.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibility will be to serve as Project Lead for internal and contract research projects under the direction of a Team Leader. The main task is to manage assigned projects by designing experiments, organizing workload of assistants, supervising the execution and by executing laboratory work, preparing progress and milestones reports, and presenting research results in internal and external meetings.
The tasks required to be undertaken include:
- Organize the work packages for each assigned project in order to meet deadlines under the supervision of a Team Leader
- Build scientific knowledge in regards to the topics relevant for each assigned project
- Conceive, design and independently execute assays
- Establish and validate new techniques
- Critical and professional data analyses, and interpretation
- Supervise and train junior staff scientists, technicians, and student assistants
- Critical and professional project documentation following internal QM guidelines
- Perform statistical analysis and presentation of data with appropriate software (e.g. Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo)
- Professionally prepare milestone reports and manuscripts
- Provide project updates to Team Leader and/or Principal Scientist or Principal Consultant
- Represent the company at conferences and other external meetings
- Discuss scientific results with other company employees
- Participating in scientific lab meetings and the organization of workshops
- Proposing new innovative techniques
- Organize maintenance and troubleshooting for assigned equipment
- Completed training as PhD
- 2+ years post-doctoral experience
- Publication of at least three peer-reviewed first author paper in an international life sciences journal
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (Company language: English)
- Priority will be given to applicants with documented experience in skin, hair follicle and/or immunology research, and/or in the following techniques: organ culture, immunostaining, FACS, FACS cell sorting, MACS, cytokine array or ELISA, RNAseq, single cell RNAseq.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team as well as to lead and motivate assigned personnel
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet tight deadlines
Type of contract
Temporary with a possibility of extension, and eventually unlimited
A competitive salary will be offered, along with performance-, and non-performance- based incentives (full training will be provided), with defined career development plan.
As soon as possible
For informal enquiries please contact Dr. Sabrina Höfling, email@example.com.A complete application will include a statement of interest, CV, list of publications or equivalents, names of 3 referees or 3 recommendation letters. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Dr. Marta Bertolini with 'Staff Scientist – December 2021' in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interview will be contacted.