Monasterium Laboratory is a dermatological research company specialized in preclinical skin, hair, pigmentation, neuroendocrinology, immunology, and wound healing research in the human system. Given the continuous expansion of our company, we are seeking a team-orientated, highly motivated and enthusiastic Scientific Communicator full time to join our team. For any details regarding the company, range of research topics covered, assays in use, and international academic research network, please visit the website www.monasteriumlab.com.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibility of this post is to provide an interface between the Scientific Team and the Marketing Team to prepare scientific contents to be used for our marketing campaigns, as well as assist with manuscripts preparation and handling under the direction of the Principal Scientist.
The tasks required to be undertaken include:
- Writing scientific content for website, and posts for social media
- Creating scientific content for internal & external purposes, including flyers
- Assisting the marketing team with scientific requests
- Preparing figures for manuscripts, reports, posters and presentations
- Preparation or organization of scientific documents, such as abstracts, manuscripts, press releases, conference presentations
- Edit manuscripts for submission according to journal guidelines
- Handling correspondence for the manuscript or abstract from submission until publication
- Assist with the preparation of scientific client reports (if needed)
- Check and (if required) revise documents with regard to content, completeness, consistency, and standards compliance
- Administrative tasks
- A relevant life science university degree, ideally M.D.,Pharm. D., and/or a Ph.D.
- Native-level written and spoken English, German skills would be advantageous
- Publication of at least one peer-reviewed first author paper in an international life sciences journal
- Expert knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Priority will be given to applicants with background knowledge in Skin and/or Hair Research and in immunology
- Priority will be given to applicants with experience as scientific communicators in the pharmaceutical or biotech/research industry
- Priority will be given to applicants with ability to work with Photoshop and GraphPad
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet tight deadlines
- Good coordination, time management, data collection and analysis
- Excellent organizational and time management ability
Type of contract: Temporary with a possibility of extension, and eventually unlimited.
Salary: A competitive salary will be offered, along with performance-, and non-performance- based incentives (full training will be provided).
Start Date: As soon as possible
Application: For informal enquiries please contact Dr. Sabrina Höfling, email@example.com. A complete application will include a statement of interest, CV, list of publications or equivalents, names of 2 referees or 2 recommendation letters. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Dr. Marta Bertolini with 'Scientific Communicator' in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interview will be contacted.