Monasterium Laboratory is a renowned dermatological research company specializing in preclinical skin, hair, pigmentation, neuroendocrinology, immunology, and wound healing research in the human system. We are seeking a team-orientated, highly motivated, enthusiastic Research Technician (m/f/x) to join our team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
The main responsibility of this post is to provide technical support to complete projects undertaken at the lab under the supervision of the Project Officer in charge.
The tasks required to be undertaken include:
- Hair follicle and skin organ culture
- Fixation and embedding of tissue
- Cryo and paraffin sections
- Quantitative determination of different hair cycle stages
- Performing various immunohistochemical stains and molecular biology techniques
- Use of immunofluorescence and light microscopy
- Taking images and performing image analysis, using various programs (e.g. BZ-Analyzer, BZ viewer and ImageJ)
- General organization of the lab including forward planning regarding equipment and materials required, overseeing and maintaining stock of media, chemical and other consumables.
- Participating in scientific lab meetings and the organization of workshops
- Documentation of data and creation of archives
- Support and training of student assistants
- Responsible for the safe disposal and storage of hazardous waste in accordance with local rules and legal requirements.
- Responsible for the care and cleanliness of common user laboratory areas, facilities and / or equipment.
- Completed training as a Medical / Biological-technical assistant or an honours bachelor degree in a relevant subject
- Good knowledge in immunohistochemistry and routine histology
- Good knowledge of Computer Skills and Microsoft Office
- Experience in biological research laboratories and with laboratory techniques
- Sound knowledge of English (Company language: English)
- Candidates with documented know-how and experience in skin and/or hair research will be preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Good coordination, time management, data collection and analysis
Type of contract: Temporary with possibility of extension, and eventually unlimited.
Salary: A competitive salary will be offered and full training will be provided.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Application: For informal enquiries, please contact Dr. Janin Edelkamp, email@example.com.
A complete application will include a statement of interest, CV, names of 1-2 referees or 1-2 recommendation letters, and list of experimental methods you have mastered. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Dr. Janin Edelkamp with 'Research Technician - November 2021' in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interview will be contacted.