Monasterium Laboratory is seeking a team-orientated, highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Technician to join our expanding team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibilty of this post is to provide technical support to complete projects undertaken at the lab under the supervision of the Project Officer in charge.
The tasks required to be undertaken include:
- Hair follicle and skin organ culture
- Fixation and embedding of tissue
- Cryo and paraffin sections
- Quantitative determination of different hair cycle stages
- Performing various imunohistochemical stains and molecular biology techniques
- Use of immunofluorescence and light microscopy
- Taking images and performing image analysis, using various programs (e.g. BZ-Analyzer, BZ viewer and ImageJ)
- General organization of the lab including forward planning regarding equipment and materials required, overseeing and maintaining stock of media, chemical and other consumables.
- Participating in scientific lab meetings and the organization of workshops
- Documentation of data and creation of archives
- Support and training of student assistants
- Responsible for the safe disposal and storage of hazardous waste in accordance with local rules and legal requirements.
- Responsible for the care and cleanliness of common user laboratory areas, facilities and / or equipment.
- Completed training as a Medical / Biological-technical assistant or an honours bachelor degree in a relevant subject
- Sound knowledge of English (Company language: English)
Good knowledge in immunohistochemistry and routine histology
- Good knowledge of Computer Skills and Microsoft Office
- Experience in biological research laboratories and with laboratory techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet tight deadlines
- Good coordination, time management, data collection and analysis
Type of contract
Temporary with possibility of extension.
A competitive salary will be offered and full training will be provided.
Application: For informal enquiries please contact email@example.com.
Your completed application should include a statement of interest, CV, list of publications, names of 3 referees or 3 recommendation letters, and list of experimental methods you have mastered. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Dr. Janin Edelkamp and Dr. Yoshikazu Uchida with 'Research Technician Application' in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interview will be contacted.