Monasterium Laboratory is a dermatological research company company specialized in preclinical skin and hair research. We are seeking a team-orientated and highly motivated Laboratory Manager full time to manage, organize, and oversee all regulatory and housekeeping duties of our laboratory facilities under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Ensuring and complying with the regulations for working under biosafety levels S1 and S2, and implementing and maintaining quality control (e.g. SOPs) under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Team education and training (Supervise, coordinate, and train technicians, guest scientists and student assistants & Ensuring up-to-date scientific and regulatory training of employees (together with the COO))
- Management of equipment (Purchase and replacement of laboratory equipment and support during commissioning of laboratory equipment in collaboration with COO & Ensure maintenance and cleanliness of laboratory equipment, trouble shooting, organization of repair and communication with the respective companies)
- Supplier and stock management (Monitoring of stocks and current delivery times of lab reagents & Responsibility for coordination of skin/hair follicle deliveries, communication with supplies and troubleshooting (is also required on weekends) & Ensuring compliance of tissue deliveries with biobank requirements/communication with DGSVO responsible
- Communication and coordination with associated laboratories
- Completed training as BTA / MTA or master's degree in natural sciences
- Independent, result-oriented and pro-active way of working, combined with a strong sense of responsibility
- German native speaker level and excellent written and spoken English (company language: English)
- Good knowledge of Computer Skills and Microsoft Office
- Experience in managing biological research laboratories will be an advantage
- Priority will be given to applicants with training as project leader “Gentechnical facilities” (§15 GenTSV) and/or quality management
What we offer
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- A competitive salary and a full training
- Advanced technology in a modern workplace
- Short communication channels and a collegial corporate culture
- A temporary contract with possibility of extension
As soon as possible
For informal enquiries please contact Dr. Janin Edelkamp, email@example.com.
A complete application will include a statement of interest, CV, names of 2-3 referees or 2-3 recommendation letters, and any additional training certificates. Please submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Dr. Janin Edelkamp with 'Laboratory Manager Application' in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interview will be contacted.