Monasterium Laboratory is a dermatological research company specialized in preclinical skin, hair, pigmentation, neuroendocrinology, immunology, and wound healing research in the human system. Given the continuous expansion of our company, we are seeking a team-orientated, highly motivated and enthusiastic Junior Staff Scientist full time to join our team. For any details regarding the company, range of research topics covered, assays in use, and international academic research network, please visit the website www.monasteriumlab.com.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibility will be to assist the Project Lead in the organization and execution of internal and contract research projects under the direction of a Team Leader. The main task is to manage assigned projects under the supervision of a staff scientist and a Team Leader by designing experiments, executing laboratory work, preparing progress and milestones reports, and presenting research results in internal meetings. Full scientific, technical, and project management training will be provided for promotion to Staff Scientist.
The tasks required to be undertaken under the supervision of a Staff Scientist and/or Team Leader include:
- Build scientific knowledge in regards to the topics relevant for each assigned project
- Execute laboratory work for each assigned project
- Organize work packages in order to meet deadlines
- Establish and validate new techniques
- Critical and professional data analyses
- Supervise and train student assistants
- Critical and professional project documentation following internal QM guidelines
- Perform statistical analysis and presentation of data with appropriate software (e.g. Excel, GraphPad Prism, FlowJo)
- Professionally prepare drafts for milestone reports and manuscripts
- Provide project updates to Staff Scientist and/or Team Leader
- Discuss scientific results with other company employees
- Participating in scientific lab meetings
- Proposing new innovative techniques
- Completed training as PhD, or thesis defense foreseen within 6 months
- Post-doctoral experience not necessary
- Substantial experience in biological research laboratories
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (Company language: English)
- Priority will be given to applicants with documented experience in skin, hair follicle and/or immunology research, and/or in the following techniques: organ culture, immunostaining, FACS, FACS cell sorting, MACS, cytokine array or ELISA, RNAseq, single cell RNAseq
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet tight deadlines
Type of contract
Temporary with a possibility of extension, and eventually unlimite
A competitive salary will be offered, along with performance-, and non-performance- based incentives (full training will be provided), with defined career development plan.
As soon as possible
For informal enquiries please contact Dr. Sabrina Höfling, firstname.lastname@example.org.A complete application will include a statement of interest, CV, list of publications or equivalents, names of 2 referees or 2 recommendation letters. Please submit applications to email@example.com addressed to Dr. Marta Bertolini with 'Junior Staff Scientist – December 2021' in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interview will be contacted.