Monasterium Laboratory is a dermatological research company specialized in preclinical skin, hair, pigmentation, neuroendocrinology, immunology, and wound healing research in the human system. We are seeking a team-orientated, highly motivated and enthusiastic Staff Scientist full time to join our team. For any details regarding the company, range of research topics covered, assays in use, and international academic research network,
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The main responsibility of this post is to provide scientific and technical support to complete scientific and contract research projects under the direction of the Principal Scientist. This includes experimental project design, carrying out experiments and quantitative analyses, preparing progress and milestones reports, and presenting research results in internal and external meetings.
The tasks required to be undertaken include:
- Organize the work load for each assigned project in order to meet deadlines
- Provide project updates to Principal Scientist
- Supervise and train technicians, guest scientists and student assistants
- Establish new techniques and perform lab work
- Represent the company at conferences and other external meetings
- Discuss scientific results with other company employees
- Professional and responsible data documentation and archiving
- Perform statistical analysis and presentation of data with Excel and GraphPad Prism
- Prepare milestone reports and manuscripts
- Participating in scientific lab meetings and the organization of workshops
- Proposing new innovative projects and/or techniques
- Completed training as PhD
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English (Company language: English)
- Substantial experience in biological research laboratories
- Publication of at least one peer-reviewed first author paper in an international life sciences journal
- Priority will be given to applicants with documented experience in skin/hair research, and/or in immunological research, and/or in the following techniques: immunostaining, FACS, MACS, RNAseq, single cell RNAseq, organ culture, FACS cell sorting.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet tight deadlines
- Good coordination, time management, data collection and analysis
Type of contract
Temporary with possibility of extension.
A competitive salary will be offered and full training will be provided.
For informal enquiries please contact Dr. Marta Bertolini, firstname.lastname@example.org
A complete application will include a statement of interest, CV, list of publications, names of 3 referees or 3 recommendation letters, and list of experimental methods you have mastered. Please submit applications to email@example.com addressed to Dr. Marta Bertolini with 'Staff Scientist Application-1' in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for interview will be contacted.